Mt Dutton Bay Hostel Retreat
‘Absolute seafront! Located opposite the main jetty with boat ramp access.
Woolshed Museum and beaches. Enjoy the stunning scenery of the bay while experiencing the many dolphins you are sure to see.
The ‘sweat shed’, which originally used to hold up to 1200 sheep in 1875, has been fully restored and renovated in 1998 for ‘bunk house’ hostel accommodation.
Timber flooring throughout, white rendered restored stone walls and ‘history’ that speaks for itself… the ‘Woolshed Hostel’ now offers clean, comfortable but unique, rustic true Australian style accommodation on absolute seafront with adjoining jetty and boat ramp.
Dutton Bay has a beautiful country township overlooking a tranquil which makes an ideal base to explore the famous west coast Beaches and National parks of the Lower Eyre Peninsula.
Woolshed Hostel:Accommodating 36 (six rooms sleeping six)
- Ideal for School groups / families / seniors / backpackers & disabled
- Group discounts may apply
- Large communal kitchen / dining
- Original dining table (c1875)
- 100% cleanliness guaranteed
- Fully self contained kitchen
- Disabled facilities
- Handcrafted timber bunks
- 4 tiled (clean) bathrooms
- Fans throughout
- Coin operated laundry
- Games room & entertainment area
- TV & DVD
- BBQ and outdoor fire area
- Opposite beach, jetty and boat ramp access
- Fish cleaning facilities under lights!
- Excellent fishing - charters available
- Stunning views of bay and ranges
- Dolphin experiences
- Kangaroos, abundant birdlife
- Surfing beaches nearby
- Tourism information
- Pets allowed - outside only/ leash only
RatesPeak & Off Peak: All year
- TARIFF *Prices valid from September 1
- Adult $30 per person per night
- $100 per room
- Group discounts and weekly rates available.
LocationMount Dutton Bay, SA
“A warm welcome in a beautiful and quiet place where you can see dolphins from the jetty everyday.”
Marie-Helene Benarouch from Paris – FRANCE
“A great experience with the dolphins! Such beautiful place. Thank you for your helpful information.” Yurgon from SWEDEN
“Quiet, peaceful & very relaxing. Lots of dolphins & kangaroos. Very helpful hosts. I love this place! Reni from GERMANY